Stephen King

As a writer I am not only seeking inspiration, I am attempting to capture the essence of what it means to be inspired. I recently had the exciting opportunity to visit The Stanley Hotel, Estes Park, Colorado. This hotel inspired Stephen King to write his terrifying movie; The Shining (1977). The Shining was my first horror movie I ever remember watching, and I have never forgotten how impressed I was with the setting, plot, and characters (even though at least one of my eyes was covered). I wanted to know more about Stephen King- the brain and maniac behind such intense visions and ideas. I had discovered inspiration through that movie and Stephen King. As I walked around the lobby and released the spirits of this hotel through the creeks in the old wooden floors, I had now, with the help of all my senses, caught up to the essence of inspiration.



No comments:

Post a Comment